Management Board members
Gabriele Schachinger - Vice President | IGIP-Austria , Secretary General | IGIP - National Section-Austria
bound to tradition - openness to new developments
Wolfgang Pachatz - President | IGIP-Austria and IGIP - National Section-Austria
An eye on the latest trends and an ear to the ground!
- Division ERASMUS+ : Rudi Ratzka (Finanzreferent)
- Division Entrepreneurship : Markus Liebhart
- Division Digital Transition : Andreas Probst
The aims of the International Society for Engineering Pedagogy (IGIP) are
- improving teaching methods in technical subjects
- developing practice-oriented curricula that correspond to the needs of students and employers
- encouraging the use of media in technical teaching
- integrating languages and the humanities in engineering education
- fostering management training for engineers
- promoting environmental awareness
- supporting the development of engineering education in developing countries
New competencies of educators are needed as
- evaluation management
- development competencies
- communication skills
- ethics and intercultural competencies
IGIP wants to intensify the international cooperation with other societies dedicated to engineering education, such as IEEE Education Society, ASEE, the American Society of Engineering Education, SEFI, the European Society for Engineering Education, or IFEES, the International Federation of Engineering Societies. By passing the prototype curriculum as proposed by IGIP in any accredited institution worldwide, IGIP states that a given engineering educator with an ING-PAED IGIP title has all the competencies needed to teach at the state of the art with the best available teaching technologies.
For the transfer of knowledge international conferences, symposia, summer schools,…are offered. International working groups promote mutual exchange.